Since school started back, and my daughter's swimming training, and withdrawing my son from kindy, I seem to spend most of my time behind the wheel, or making play dough, or elevated narrow gauge rail tracks - yes, seriously , just ask my son - and any free time is for writing. Guarded! Hence the lack of blogging.
Thank you time to two talented writers for nominating snowlikethought for blog awards, Teresa Stenson and Catherine McNamara.
Rather than post the awards, which I was nominated for yonks and badger years ago, I thought it would be nice to post a little about the nominators.
First award came from Teresa Stenson. Teresa blogs here and wrote this and is from just darn rooerd from me, so I'm rather proud of her. She's also so real and talented any fakers reading this ought to fall to bits and have their less than authentic parts crawl off to join Joan Rivers’ armpit.
Second award came from Catherine McNamara. Cat blogs here and wrote this which is to be followed by Pelt and Other Stories in 2013 from IDP, and she’s from just over the ditch from where I am now which makes us neighbours, I think. A strong woman writer; if there are any fakers left reading, please mwah yourselves inside out and select a new profile after Cat’s example.
Ladies, I salute you!
PS, I was supposed to write seven things about me, here goes:
1. I collect the variety stickers off fruit - my notebooks are covered in them - even wrote a story about one and an epic poem.
2. I have a 34 inch inside leg.
3. I drink on average fifteen cups of tea per day.
4. For reasons of area, half my books are in the garage along with a 1950s table I dream of one day having mismatched vintage chairs around and a cherry patterned cloth on.
5. E. A. Markham, otherwise known as Archie, taught me creative writing. We had giggling fits together along with my mate, Bev, much to the bemusement of other seminar goers, and he said I showed "great promise" - important words to me at the time.
6. I don't like ice-cream.
7. In unfamiliar company, I often lie about my opinion just to see how other people react; I can't turn off the people watching long enough to talk properly.
I was also supposed to pass the award on.
If you want the award, take it, you've all done more blogging than me to deserve it!