Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dan the winner is...

This post should be named Thank You Dan Purdue because, for the second time, Dan has notified me (via Twitter) I made the listing of another comp. First time was shortlist for Short Fiction - thanks to Tom Vowler and Anthony Caleshu also - and now the Bristol Prize. On top of my AUT win (thanks Dylan Horrocks) I feel really stoked.

My congratulations go out to all the other listees - great to see Ethel Rohan on there - and thanks to the organisers/readers at Bristol.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are made of win!

Rachel Fenton said...

Ha! Beats full of *%#$! Thanks Donna.

Unknown said...

Excellent news. Congratulations, Rachel :)

Rachel Fox said...

Pretty good going out of over 2000!
x

Rachel Fenton said...

I'm really chuffed, Rachel - and lovely they posted a highly commended list to give a mention to more names, too.

Helen Caldwell said...

Congratulations! You are on a roll :)

Rachel Fenton said...

Thanks, Helen! I fear I may have exhausted the luck now :o :)

Rachel Fenton said...

Also, I totally have you to thank - it was something you blogged about that inspired the latest one!

Lori said...

Congratulations, Rachel. You are on a roll. Sounds great.

Rachel Fenton said...

Thank you, Lori :)

Helen Caldwell said...

Really? Wow, I'm honoured. And I don't think it's luck. It's skill and perserverence and writers' grit :)

Helen Caldwell said...

P.S. I finally managed to read Alchemy hour. It was very moving. I'm glad you learned to use his paints.

Rachel Fenton said...

Haha - it'd make you smile, I'm sure, if you read it! And thank you - I do work very hard and I'm glad some of it's paying off before I flake out!

Really pleased you liked Alchemy Hour :)