Friday, February 22, 2013

Pants, some seeds


Missing text reads: "It was a shared joke" and "building a sculpture in the sand".



Here are the roughs for some work in progress. I've also started a  new larger graphic project.

 All images copyright © 2013 Rachel J Fenton (Rae Joyce) Yes, she's wearing pants on her head. They are clean.

I'm not giving myself a deadline for this. Right now, I'm working on editing and polishing my novel as well as putting together a second collection of short fiction. I'm also getting ready to submit some more poems I've been nursing for a while. Lots on the go, but that's how I like it; little seeds waiting to grow.

8 comments:

Mike McLaren said...

You are definitely busy! Funny stuff. Say... took a look at Alchemy Hour for the first time. Great work!

Rachel Fenton said...

Thanks, Mike. I'm currently hindered from working up many of my roughs by lack of permanent work space. But hope to get even more done once my son starts school in August. I'm only happy when I'm exhausted!

Dominic Rivron said...

Synchronicity and blogging always seem to go together. Currently reading James Lovelock's "Gaia - a new look at life on earth" here.

Rachel Fenton said...

Good stuff, Dominic - I must be on the right path :)

Lori said...

What a poem, that whole scene! I am sure everyone can relate and feel the pain of being unable to keep these kids of ours in their beautiful innocence. It a very unique and profound sort of pain, isn't it? And your new work of graphic fiction looks great. The drawing style seems a bit different from your usual. Can't wait to see more.
Good luck with all your other projects. You are busy!

Rachel Fenton said...

Thank you, Lori - I love that you always completely "get" what I'm trying to do! I'm still in the playing with Gaia phase, not sure how these drawings will turn out. Kind of winging it with her.

chillcat said...

You make me feel like a clodhopper! I do so little with so much time, flit from one thing to another, call myself proud over such little things, and I can't draw any more! Go girl. I like the short fiction and novel screaming along Xcat

Rachel Fenton said...

Novel out and short fiction imminent (I'm eagerly awaiting) - you're doing much better than I am, Cat! I'm not sure I can draw, but I keep busy! Thanks so much, though x