Friday, July 19, 2013

July grateful

A big, big thank you goes out to Michelle Elvy and Sian Williams - editors of Flash Frontier - for awarding me "Flash Frontier’s 2013 Winter Award for excellence in writing".

July has been a great month for me (see my Short FICTION win). Those of you who believe in astrology might say my recent good luck has something to do with my being a Leo. Personally, I put it down to the good advice and nurturing of other writers and editors - thanks all of you - and a LOT of hard work: many, many hours writing, reading, writing, editing, reading, writing, and so on.

I'm particularly grateful to Flash Frontier for hosting so many of my stories - including another in their forthcoming SNOW issue - please, do check them out if you haven't already - the National Flash Fiction Day Competition Winners Special is a great place to get acquainted with some of the talent you'll meet with there.

8 comments:

Lori said...

That's so amazing, Rachel. Your hard work and talent deserve all the appreciation. You're amazing!

Rachel Fenton said...

Awe, Lori, thank you! xxx

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Rachel. You must be chuffed with this and the Short Fiction award too. Well done and well deserved :)

Rachel Fenton said...

I am completely chuffed with my good fortune this month, Valerie! Thanks ever so much! xx

Dan Purdue said...

Congratulations, Rachel - great results! It's funny how successes can often clump together. I'm unconvinced the movement of the stars has anything to do with it, but I had a nice run of results at the end of last year. So far, 2013's not been so generous, but - as you say - the only thing to do is keep going, keep writing, keep reading, keep learning.

Good to hear your hard work's paying off.

Rachel Fenton said...

You had a very nice run at the end of last year, Dan!

Successes are herd animals.

I had to be super strict about only entering a few things each year, so to have won this is brain-bogglingly amazing for me! Thanks for the good wishes.

And yeah - work hard - it's amazing how your luck improves.

chillcat said...

What a great season for you. Leos rule! And yes I realise there's been so much work involved - good on you girl xx

Rachel Fenton said...

Thank you, Cat! xxx