Thursday, August 29, 2013

Count her examples

Please have a look at the work I've been doing as part of my Artist in Residence post at Counterexample Poetics.

So far, I've had the privilege of getting an early peek at the flash fiction of the wonderfully talented Meg Pokrass and Grant Faulkner, and I'm currently working on art inspired by the collaborative fiction of equally talented Justis Mills and Pamela Hill.

Huge, huge thanks to Jamez Chang, Editor of Flash Fiction and Art at CeP for having me, and to the writers for trusting me with their marvellous fictions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how it all started with a Melusine post in the beginning of summer. And now as the summer ends and Labor Day looms, the kids go back to school in a week. It seems I have everything to say plus "thanks." You are a true artist in every sense of the word, Rae, but it's your friendship I cherish most. Congratulations on being Counterexample's FIRST Visual Artist in Residence. Your artwork is beautiful. On Tuesday, Tyler closed our summer by visiting for the first time, sans bottle, no longer Separate Air. And Paul McCartney's still "New."

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=648109161872799&id=176344749049245

Rachel Fenton said...

Those poems are so special, Jamez - and I'm glad our paths crossed in Melusine.


As your summer is ending, our spring begins - the sun's always shining somewhere - enjoy the time with your family, and as the sun dips, raise a toast to friendship.



Titus said...

Dog! Dog!

Rachel Fenton said...

I actually did toy with the idea of putting a terrier in the pic, JoAnne, but it would've been too small for the perspective!