Friday, November 29, 2013

Shanghai ed

 Gas masks for two....
 ...old and new....
...bicycles and bipeds...
 ...dog walking...
...dog parking...
..video screens...
...traffic...
 ...let's eat tar...
...city within a city...
...wire baskets on bikes....
 ...wires overhead...
...a head in advertisement...
...department...
...architecture...
 ...gold and red....
...red and blue...
...people passing through...
 ...people passing wearing gold plastic, passing gold...
 ...hidden blue streets with red signs...
... red lights with no obvious use...
...red and gold handbags, red phone boxes for two...
...people moving too fast to photograph...
...photographs for two...

...two buildings frame the view...



6 comments:

Dominic Rivron said...

Shanghai? My dad was in Shanghai in WWII. Bit different then - and his photos were b&w.

Rachel Fenton said...

I bet your dad's photos are pretty special, Dominic. Amazing bit of history you're privvy to there. Thanks for taking the time to have a neb at my pics.

Lori said...

How wonderful, Rachel! I love your montage. Perfect balance of words and images. I don't know how you do that.

Rachel Fenton said...

Thank you, Lori! I have two more sets of pics - will post them before the year's out!

chillcat said...

Wish I could have joined you for this stopover. I'm wondering about food - what did you eat??? xxcat

Rachel Fenton said...

I wish you could have, too, Cat! I mostly had fruit and some boiled dumplingy things from street vendors - to be honest, I have no idea what they were! Tasted good!