Monday, December 16, 2013

Lucky two

 There are the steps where...
...I bumped into... 
...Colin from Poole...
...Colin and I...
...had met...
...the previous day...
...at the airport, where...
...having narrowly avoided...
 ...paying more than the going rate for a taxi....
...he asked if I...
...would like to... 
...hail a cab from outside....
...to share...
...and I said...
...yes...
...and Colin told me...    
...all about...
 ...the city's history...
...he knew...
  ...lots about...
...the Bund area... 
...where I was staying...
...and he told...
...the taxi driver...
...to drop me off...
...first...
...at my hotel...
...but the driver...
...misunderstood....
...and went to Colin's hotel....
...where Colin offered to...
 ...hail me another cab...
 ...which he assured me...
...would take me....
 ...to my hotel...
...on Dianchi Road...
 ...which it did...
...so when I saw...
...Colin the next day, I said... 

"What are the chances?" And he said, "I know!" before going sightseeing. 

No comments: